~Roadside MS Forums~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Roadside MS Forums~

Welcome to the official forums of RoadsideMS. Have fun in our server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system

Go down 
+3
Freeman
bg1david
Machalla666
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Machalla666
Senior
Senior
Machalla666

Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system Empty
PostSubject: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 am

I've seen this on another private server:
There is a special section on the webpage where you log with your acoount name and your in-game password.
Then you get redirected to a topsite (e.g. xtremetop) and vote for that private server.
In-game you get 1 point for each vote which you can spend for items and other stuff from a custom npc (kinda works like Roadside's KFC system but of course with votes instead of mesos)

+PRO:
Roadside (may) become more popular => More Donators ???

-CON:
Reward/Point system might get bypassed/hacked (not sure don't know ANY about coding)
Game could be flooded/inflated with godlike items (time will provel)

Since you can only vote every 12 or 24 hours (depending on the topsite) Players wouldn't get to many points in a short time
so it should be easy overview everything.
Back to top Go down
http://machalla666.newgrounds.com/
bg1david
Senior
Senior
bg1david

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 am

Pros : More players , More events going on
Cons : More players that hack, more problems, Gm's have to take more of their time to watch over the server and to find hackers.
Back to top Go down
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster
Freeman

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:18 am

bg1david wrote:
Pros : More players , More events going on
Cons : More players that hack, more problems, Gm's have to take more of their time to watch over the server and to find hackers.

None of those cons would be a problem if more GM's were hired.

wink wink nudge nudge
Back to top Go down
quelt
Junior
Junior
quelt

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:25 am

That would be ok, no items however. Just NX, 5-10k per?
Back to top Go down
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster
Kenn

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 am

The voting system cannot be trusted. If the user clicks "vote" we have no control over it if they actually vote. Once they get redirected to the other site, our "codes" for the voting system wouldn't be able to manage it over there. It's their website not ours, we'll have no control over it.
Back to top Go down
quelt
Junior
Junior
quelt

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

Hmm, well if people don't like the server that much... I mean, all you have to do is type a word.
Back to top Go down
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod
Vivi<3

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Those people are lazy b***************** lol.
Back to top Go down
Machalla666
Senior
Senior
Machalla666

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:34 am

Vivi<3 wrote:
Those people are lazy b***************** lol.

Netherless it seems to work somehow.
The privateserver i was referring to is now in the top 5 of xtremetop.
Maybe Roadsisde should fust give it a try....
Back to top Go down
noob1109
Junior
Junior
noob1109

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:39 am

Machalla666 wrote:
There is a special section on the webpage where you log with your acoount name and your in-game password.
Then you get redirected to a topsite (e.g. xtremetop) and vote for that private server.
In-game you get 1 point for each vote which you can spend for items and other stuff from a custom npc (kinda works like Roadside's KFC system but of course with votes instead of mesos)

+PRO:

-CON:
Reward/Point system might get bypassed/hacked (not sure don't know ANY about coding)

Since you can only vote every 12 or 24 hours (depending on the topsite) Players wouldn't get to many points in a short time

Cough cough i know what server he means, i played it once, WinterStory, it fails. Its stable but, FAIL
Back to top Go down
http://www.domoms.webs.com
Machalla666
Senior
Senior
Machalla666

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:54 am

noob1109 wrote:
Machalla666 wrote:

+PRO:

-CON:

Cough cough i know what server he means, i played it once, WinterStory, it fails. Its stable but, FAIL

Guess why I am here now Rolling Eyes
Umm are you refering to their pointsystem then you are talking about "FAIL" or the server overall?
I am just asking get things straight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system   Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting more Votes = Reward/Point system
Page 1 of 1