~Roadside MS Forums~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Roadside MS Forums~

Welcome to the official forums of RoadsideMS. Have fun in our server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?

Go down 
+5
lovingyou
Vivi<3
Kenn
Freeman
OneGreatShot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
OneGreatShot

OneGreatShot

POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? Empty
PostSubject: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 am

Poll: What do u guys think, should rick give at least one admin in a different timezone the ability to restart the server!?
Back to top Go down
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster
Freeman

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:53 am

I have no idea what company rick it is or how it works but he SHOULD be able to give someone access to just a single file like "Restart.bat" (Depends if it's windows or nix of course)

But I'm sure if he could, he would so maybe he is with one of those places where all you get is the admin cp where you have to click "Restart Server" and if he gave someone acces to that then they could also change the password and steal it and stuff Mad
Back to top Go down
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster
Kenn

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:06 am

3 .bats run the server. World, login, channel. To restart the server, I'm pretty sure you'd need to restart those 3 .bats.

Edit: Originally, their run by those 3 .bat, the repack Rick is using made have been coded differently.
Back to top Go down
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod
Vivi<3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:56 am

wow 9 yeses.
Back to top Go down
lovingyou

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:57 am

HECK YES. definetly give the restart to Circa, cuz if ppl keep having 2 wait hours for you to wake up, then ppl r jus going 2 start getting pissed and ur going to lose a LOT of people. seriously, no joke. 4 the own good of ur server, give restart buttons to Circa
Back to top Go down
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster
Kenn

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:30 am

lol 11 yes' 0 no's Wow. I finally see how much we HATE crashes. ;o
Back to top Go down
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster
Freeman

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:35 am

We need to get to 50 yes's rofl
Back to top Go down
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster
Kenn

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:36 am

It won't take long.
Back to top Go down
OneGreatShot

OneGreatShot

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:08 am

Freeman wrote:
I have no idea what company rick it is or how it works but he SHOULD be able to give someone access to just a single file like "Restart.bat" (Depends if it's windows or nix of course)

But I'm sure if he could, he would so maybe he is with one of those places where all you get is the admin cp where you have to click "Restart Server" and if he gave someone acces to that then they could also change the password and steal it and stuff Mad

Yeah i do think he should be able to tho all the other servers i have played before have had that ability...cuz its annoying, rick being is Singapore i never get to play anymore....but, im not a coder so idk how to do it
Back to top Go down
Jinn
Jinn

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 am

LOL, Actually on a dedicated you just double click STARTER.bat to start the server. Nothing else nothing more.
Back to top Go down
http://anime-rpg.co.cc
blitzbleed
Owner of RoadsideMS
Owner of RoadsideMS
blitzbleed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:49 pm

they might steal our godly scripts and pq.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roadsidems.tk
Tsukasa
Tsukasa

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:19 am

Freeman wrote:

I think you deserve it.

I stalk you and your posts, and your absolutely professional when it comes to talking with other people or describing a situation.
Back to top Go down
http://phayle.com
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster
Freeman

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:48 am

Tsukasa wrote:
Freeman wrote:

I think you deserve it.

I stalk you and your posts, and your absolutely professional when it comes to talking with other people or describing a situation.

POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? Edgeworth-bow(a)

I still have a long way to go though...I barley get to talk to rick because of time zones but last I heard I was just a "Temp-GM".
Back to top Go down
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod
Vivi<3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:08 am

Give broken the restart button lol.
Back to top Go down
Freeman
RoadsideMS GameMaster
RoadsideMS GameMaster
Freeman

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 am

+10 nerd points for anyone who can name the game character I used in my last post.

But no spoilers past the second game please! I am new to the series!
Back to top Go down
Vivi<3
Forum Mod<3
Forum Mod
Vivi<3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:39 am

Freeman wrote:
+10 nerd points for anyone who can name the game character I used in my last post.

randomness.
Back to top Go down
OneGreatShot

OneGreatShot

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:23 am

Tsukasa wrote:
Freeman wrote:

I think you deserve it.

i agree with u not the stalking part but the professional part he is very mature with his attitude
Back to top Go down
Killua
Senior
Senior
Killua

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am

Freeman wrote:

OOOO I know it's Miles Edgeworth
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?   POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button? Empty

Back to top Go down

POLL: Should Rick give an ADMIN a restart button?
Page 1 of 1