Posts : 244
Join date : 2009-02-06
|Subject: A Few Things to Ask Yourself + Keep In Mind When Posting a Ban Appeal Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:58 am|| |
While browsing the Ban Appeals forum I noticed that pretty much all the people who appealed were denied because they were actually doing something wrong or blame it on someone else. This is a big waste of time, so I am making this thread.
- What is the reason I am listed as being banned here? - This is a good place to start, find out why you were banned just in case you missed the notice in game.
- Was I actually doing what I was banned for? - Make no mistake, A gm will be watching you for a decent minute or two before banning you. They will usually be pretty certain about banning you. Posting an appeal when you and the GM both know you were in the wrong is a waste of time. Many GM's will also take pictures to save the hassle.
- Do I have a feasible explanation as to why the GM could be wrong? - Of course a GM is human and could be wrong for banning you, perhaps the server was lagging and your pet/s looked to be picking up faster then they should be? etc. etc. If you can think of a reason, go ahead and post it.
-Your brother, Sister, Father, Mother, Unlce, Aunt, Cousin, Dog, Cat, Fish, Hamster or Friend WAS NOT trying out hacks on your machine. This is the oldest excuse in the book and will get an insta-thread lock.
-If you are lieing in your appeal, there are always holes. Imagine this as a court of law, the "Prosocuter" is going to be able to see through your lies easily.
- Finally, Do I know deep down that I was genuinely banned and deserved to stay banned? If you were hacking, or whatever, you are not going to get unbanned. You shouldn't have done it. Posting an appeal when you know that you were in the wrong is pointless.
- Use proper English, grammar and punctuation.
- Don't insult the GM team, it could after all be a mistake which is human.
- Don't ALL CAPS
- Do try and explain the situation as best as you can
- Don't think that you can claim you "accidentally" got some hacks from a friends server, it won't work.
- Do treat it like a court proceeding, be civil.
- Do be patient, don't spam the forums/chatango/in-game/PM telling people to read your appeal.
My final tip would be to read the other sticky thread, FOLLOW IT WORD FOR WORD
. I can guarantee that if your thread is "OMG PLEEZE UNBAN ME" it will be locked.
I am locking this thread so I don't get random spam. Fellow GM's and Mod's please feel free to discuss any concerns below.
Posts : 467
Join date : 2009-02-08
Age : 27
Location : Your closet; With my loveee
|Subject: Re: A Few Things to Ask Yourself + Keep In Mind When Posting a Ban Appeal Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:07 am|| |
Posts : 124
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 29
Location : California, USA
|Subject: Re: A Few Things to Ask Yourself + Keep In Mind When Posting a Ban Appeal Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:06 pm|| |
Ps: If you use a trainer with Unlimited Flash jump or delays, you fail.
|Subject: Re: A Few Things to Ask Yourself + Keep In Mind When Posting a Ban Appeal || |