~Roadside MS Forums~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Roadside MS Forums~

Welcome to the official forums of RoadsideMS. Have fun in our server!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get MSNIM working

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Killua
Senior
Senior
Killua

Get MSNIM working Empty
PostSubject: Get MSNIM working   Get MSNIM working EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Having trouble with the MSNM buttons on the site? Error message popping up? Then try this solution!

Copy the code below:

javascript:navigator.registerProtocolHandler('msnim','http://roadsidems.omgforum.net/value=%s','MSN IM');

While still on this forum topic, click on the Location bar to highlight the web address (URL) of the current page. Paste the code you copied into the Location bar, replacing the current text.

After you paste the code into the Location bar, press Enter/Return. Firefox's information bar will appear,
asking Add programName (roadsidems.omgforum.net) as an application for protocolName links?

Click on Add Application on the Information bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, associate a program with the protocol:

Return to the website with the link that caused the original error (most likely on this site on someones profile). When you click on the link now, the Launch Application window will appear instead of the error message.

In the Launch Application window, click to select Choose an Application and then click on Choose....

Use the open file window to select the program you want to run.
* For the msnim protocol: Navigate to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer and select iexplore.exe.
* Some programs only register themselves with Internet Explorer, so Firefox can use Internet Explorer to cause the correct program to launch, as with msnim above.

After selecting the program you want to run, click OK.

If the steps above work, you can select Remember my choice for protocolName links in the Launch Application window the next time you click on a link for the protocol. Very Happy

Last edited by Killua on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Kenn
Donator GameMaster
Donator GameMaster
Kenn

Get MSNIM working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get MSNIM working   Get MSNIM working EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 am

I'm.. lost. @_@
Back to top Go down
Killua
Senior
Senior
Killua

Get MSNIM working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get MSNIM working   Get MSNIM working EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am

Kenn wrote:
I'm.. lost. @_@

Lol?? sorry i know its a weird process but when u get it, it works
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Sponsored content

Get MSNIM working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get MSNIM working   Get MSNIM working Empty

Back to top Go down

Get MSNIM working
Page 1 of 1